Monday, January 17, 2011

Two hundred and fifty-eight

I've come up with my race schedule for the year, and i'm pumped. Mostly because it will give me something to work for. Going to work as the sun rises and getting home as the sun sets makes it hard to get myself out there especially after a long day of standing in the cold dealing with some less than competent people. But, i've discovered the benefit of skiing/skinning in an out of work. I saw one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen yesterday morning as skinned down the street on my way to a trail. An amazing way to wake up. And when frustration sets in when i'm dealing with people who can't get on a lift moving at a snails pace, I can either look up from my office to see the view of 10 to 15 peaks on the continental divide, or remember moments like yesterday morning. Anyway, here is the schedule:

Feb. 6: Gold Rush 7k Snowshoe Race, Frisco CO

March. 6: Jeremy Wright North American Snowshoe Championships 10k, Beaver Creek CO

May 21: Jemez Mountain Trail 50 Mile, Los Alamos, NM

June 18: San Juan Solstice 50 mile Run, Lake City CO

July 8: Full pacing (~58 miles) of the Hardrock 100 Endurance Run, Silverton CO

August 20: Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run, Leadville CO (if i can afford the entrance fee)

There might be some local trail races scattered in there just for fun, and i intend to try and get some sponsors....hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment