Thursday, August 26, 2010

Flipping Awesome Restaurant

I just wrote a full page blog post, decided I didn't like it and deleted it. So here we go again attempt number two.

I want to own a restaurant. I want to be the chef of said restaurant. I want this restaurant to also be a bar/small time brewery. I also want the restaurant bar to be flipping awesome. How am I going to make it awesome? I'll tell you.

10 things that will make my restaurant flipping awesome:

1. I'll name it Simon's flipping awesome restaurant/bar.
2. Just kidding.
3. All local food: local meat, local fish (probably won't see too much fish on the menu), local produce. In fact, there we will use our own garden for some of the herbs and other veggies.
4. All organic...duh.
5. Everything will be the same price. Why? why not. I usually base so much of my descision for buying things at a restaurant on the price. This eliminates that problem. (this might never work...charging the same for a vegan dish as well as a nice steak might be hard but i like the idea anyway)
6. It will be gourmet, like really nice. but cheapish.
7. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options.
8. The bar...oh the bar: its going to be sick. Relaxed, with great local music often. not too big so it is still an intimate setting, but not snobby. Flag brew with a hint of wine loft, with great live music.
9. We might have a couple delicious home brews, and a lot of local and semi local microbrews.
10. It will just be awesome and you know it. Fancy, but not fancy. A nightclub but without the nightclub (basically my way of saying screw crappy loud music and people getting sloshed every night).
11. This one goes all the way to eleven!

Now lets be realistic. And when i say lets i actually do mean lets...both you and me. I know you think this will work and i will be come famous, but a few major things have to happen. First and foremost I have to become a real chef. I know you're thinking oh thats an easy fix, well you're wrong. I need better tools, like good knives and a food processor, and good pots and pans, and other utensils. Then it will be an easy fix. If you happen to be related to me (or not) and you provide me with these means to success and fame, I would be more than happy to give you a 10% discount at my restaurant. Haha only joking...20%.

Now in reality half of me thinks this is as far fetched as my little brother telling a good joke. But my other half, and arguably my better half (just to be clear we are only talking about me here) really really really wants this to happen. I like making food, I like feeding people, and I like doing both of those with great friends. So I will keep it in the front 2/3rds of my mind so it's there when I decide what I want to do with my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment